Our distinctive approach to investment management
St. James's Place Wealth Management recognises that no single investment house has a monopoly on investment expertise, and we do not employ in-house investment managers. Instead we carefully select a number of external managers of outstanding ability to manage our range of funds.
This has a number of advantages:
- It gives us the freedom to select first-class managers from the global investment market to manage our funds on behalf of our clients
- It enables us to change any of these managers at short notice if we have lost confidence in them, without any charges, or tax, or inconvenience to our clients
- It offers our clients a real opportunity to diversify their investments by spreading their money across funds managed by different managers with different styles
The Investment Committee
The cornerstone of the St. James's Place approach is our Investment Committee, which ‘manages the fund managers’ on behalf of our clients. The role of the Investment Committee is to:
- Select the best investment managers
- Continually monitor those managers to ensure they maintain the standards for which they were selected
- Change managers if this becomes necessary
- Ensure clients have an appropriate spread of investments by providing a comprehensive range of funds and Growth and Income Portfolios
We believe our investment process provides our clients with the best chance to achieve superior returns over the medium to long term.
Find out more about the Investment Committee.
To help in carrying out its role, the St. James’s Place Investment Committee is assisted by Stamford Associates, Redington and other independent consultants, each selected for their expertise in particular areas of the investment world. Stamford Associates and Redington play a vital role in the selection and monitoring of the fund managers, as well as assisting the Investment Committee with investment strategy and the development of our fund range.
Find out more about Stamford Associates.
Find out more about Redington.
The value of an investment with St. James’s Place will be directly linked to the performance of the funds you select and the value can therefore go down as well as up. You may get back less than you invested.
Most computers will open PDF documents automatically, but you may need to download Adobe Reader.