St. James’s Place annual results announcement
Operating profit up 12% to £228.9 million
St. James’s Place Wealth Management Group, announces its annual results for the year ended
31 December 2009.
- EEV operating profit of £228.9 million (2008: £204.3 million)
- EEV pre-tax profit of £363.2 million (2008: loss of £115.9 million)
- EEV new business profits of £155.4 million (2008: £123.5 million)
- EEV net asset value per share 284.5 pence (2008: 232.4 pence)
- IFRS profit before shareholder tax of £49.9 million (2008: £64.5 million, excluding one-offs of £16.2 million)
- IFRS net asset value per share 112.0 pence (2008: 105.9 pence)
- Proposed final dividend increased by 4% to 2.66 pence per share making a total dividend for the year of 4.5 pence (2008: 4.39 pence) up 2.5%
Other highlights include:
- Total single investments of £3.4 billion (2008: £3.1 billion) up 10%
- Net inflow of funds £2.3 billion (2008: £1.7 billion) up 35%
- Funds under management of £21.4 billion (2008: £16.3 billion) up 31%
- Partnership numbers at 1,464 up 9%, fourth consecutive year of growth
David Bellamy, Chief Executive, commented:
“Given the market conditions, I believe 2009 will come to be viewed as one of our most robust performances. Our results in 2009 show that our business proved its resilience and is in really good shape to capitalise on better times whenever they arrive.
In the meantime, the significant increase in the Partner numbers over the last four years provides a solid foundation for the further growth of our business.”
|David Bellamy, Chief Executive
||020 7514 1963|
|Andrew Croft, Group Finance Director
||020 7514 1963|
|Tulchan Communications Group Ltd
||020 7353 4200 |
View the full press release.
Most computers will open PDF documents automatically, but you may need to download Adobe Reader.